Thursday, April 24, 2008

Waiting...

We are waiting. That is, I'm sorry to say, all that I have to report. We are waiting for Katie's body to do what it does best.

I hate waiting.

The good news is that Katie's blood counts are dropping but slowly. The doctor assures us that this is a sign of growth. If Katie were in more trouble, her cell counts would drop quickly. The slow decline is an indication that her bone marrow is making new cells on its own. Her body isn't producing cells fast enough, but it is producing cells.

I was hoping that Katie could have a break from the antibiotics, as they affect her belly, but her doctors have elected to continue with antibiotics just in case. Yogurt does help, and my parents have delivered some smoothies. I wish there were another magic potion--a miracle food--but there is no such thing.

So we're just waiting. I'll let you know what I hear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelleys: I check a couple of times a day to see how Katie is doing--I know how hard this is for all of you. Just know that you have alot of family and friends thinking of you and praying for this round to be over. Katie is strong and so are you--I send my love and hugs to you all,
Suzanne.