Thursday, April 17, 2008

Things Were Going So Well....

Things were going well until this morning. Katie slept late which wasn't surprising since she wouldn't sleep alone last night and we don't always make the best sleeping companions. Josh and I headed off to the barn to await the arrival of the vet and Amy crawled into bed with Katie to read her some morning stories and get her moving. They were going to go to Fletcher Allen for some chemotherapy today while we were working with the horses.

Unfortunately, while on the way to Burlington, Katie developed a fever. It did not subside at the hospital during the first couple of hours that she was there and her blood tests indicated that she might have an infection of some kind. All of her blood counts are up after her last transfusion except for her white count which is still lower. The fever and the still dropping white count have the doctors concerned enough that Katie will be spending the rest of her vacation in the hospital.

Josh and I have canceled our camping trip and are packing some things and heading to Fletcher Allen shortly to bring Amy and Katie some clothes and other necessities. We will be visiting my brother while we are down there so that Josh can have a chance to play with his cousins, Kyler and Eric again. My cell phone isn't working since it went through the wash yesterday. Amy's cell phone is working, but she left the charger here when she left this morning so she is only turning it on to make calls and check messages. I'm bringing a charger with me so her phone will be on full time again as soon as I get there. I will either update the blog again later tonight or tomorrow morning depending on whether we have any more information at that time.

4 comments:

Tina Miller said...

I am very sorry to hear your news! I hope everything goes well for you all. Glad that Josh will be able to play with his cousins, Say Hi to Ryan for me and wish you all the best.. Katie get better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that Katie is not feeling well. You are all in our prayers. We love you and if you need anything please call. Love you Aunt Michelle

Mike said...

Hi guys...it was great to see you this weekend. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Katie...it's seems you are a bit like the weather...a bit warm for this time of year. Get better soon little friend.
- Uncle Mike

Anonymous said...

I am truly sorry to hear of your problem. I guess I do not inderstand all of it. But it does not sound good. I will be happy to hear an update. I did read the one from today. I still do not get it. Tell the little angel, Michelle's Mom Loves her and is praying for her to come home.
Love You Katie. Rick you and Amy just hang in there you are so strong. It is so much to go through. Hope today was better. I am happy to hear Josh is having a good time.
Love Roxy