Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

I know better than to say this out loud, but I am compelled to say that I think Spring may actually be on its way. The front yard is still covered in white, but the sun has melted much of the snow in the backyard, and Katie Grace got her wish: We ventured out to the swing set today so she could swing and slide. While my feet were firmly planted in slushy snow as I pushed her up and into the air, she basked in the warm sun. She had to wear a hat and some mittens with her sweatshirt, but she went out without a coat, and she enjoyed every minute of our adventure. Quote of the day (after each trip down the slide): "Let's do that again." She has been looking out at the swing set for weeks. It was such a blessing to spend some time with her in the backyard. I know this sounds like such a simple thing. And we were only out there for half an hour. But the little things matter these days, and she was so happy. She fell asleep on the way home from a trip to the grocery store, desperately clinging to the bag of chips I was crazy enough to purchase. It was quite a look. It was a treat to have a regular old day with my little family. Best wishes to you and to your families, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like Katie enjoyed her day outside. The sun has been very nice. Today is cool but at least the sun is still out. We racked our front lawn it took about 10 mins to do haha. The boys are ready to go riding they go out everyday to start them up.Well I hope you are all having a good day today. Time to go back to work. Love you all. Aunt Michelle