Thursday, April 3, 2008

Not According to the Plan

Apparently, last night's post was wishful thinking. Katie took a turn for the worst over night and woke up this morning complaining of ailments that her normal medicines did not help. She woke up crying because her stomach hurt and we gave her some Zofran. She complained of her head hurting and we gave her some Tylenol but became concerned because her headaches usually only happen when her blood counts drop. She was still in bed when I left for work.

Amy called me about an hour ago with her update. They were almost to Fletcher Allen and Katie had not gotten any better. She had vomited several times already which was very unlike her and she was still complaining that her head hurt and she just didn't feel good. Amy also told me that when she changed Katie out of her pajamas and into clothes for the day, she found many petechia.

Not surprisingly, I'm not pleased with the suddenness of the change and I'm worried about my little girl. I just tried to call Amy but go no answer, so I will try again after classes this afternoon. I'm assuming - no, I'm hoping that this means she will get a transfusion while she is at Fletcher Allen. Transfusions always make her feel so much better.

No comments: