Monday, April 28, 2008

The Numbers are Still Climbing

Katie's ANC is still climbing as of this morning. It has now reached 110. I am ecstatic, but that number just can't climb fast enough for me. Amy is feeling the same way and she has already asked the doctors to reduce the number of antibiotics that she is on, but the doctors want to keep her on the current levels of antibiotics until Katie's ANC is at least 500. Keep climbing Katie. Her platelets are up to 74. Her white blood cells are up to 740 and her monocytes are up to 39%.

Despite her cellular numbers climbing, she doesn't appear to feel any better today than yesterday. She has spent most of her morning snuggling in her mother's lap or resting in her birdie nest. She is playing opossum whenever someone enters the room. She closes her eyes and pretends to be asleep so that people wont bother her.

We are getting a bit anxious now because it seems like we can see the light at the end of the tunnel and we can definitely see the negative consequences of this many drugs for this length of time. Its time to bring her home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see this news, you all are often on my mind. I have been waiting for a moment in my day to see how things are going. I will now wait and check again when I get home love you all. Aunt Michelle

Tina Miller said...

So glad to hear you got ggod news! My goodness your poor family has been through the the wringer! I hope Katie gets her counts up there faster then you can imagine. Time sometimes feels like it just stops when you want something so bad! I wish you all the best and can't wait to log back on to hear more great news! Sorry to hear about the fish not biting! When we went to VA, we went to VA Beach and Mike went fishing and he caught a... StingRay! It broke his line and got away, I was happy about that, he was a little upset! Take Care..
Tina

Anonymous said...

raqudypHI: I keep sending happy thoughts and prayers for you--I wish there was something else I could do!!!!
Just hang in there--with numbers climbing, hopefully Katie will be able to come home soon.
Love to all,
Suzanne.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Ny Goodness that sounds so good. Keep smiling and praying. It is getting late but I had to check.
And I am breathing much better after this news. Hang in there guys and your little girl will hopefully be home soon.
Have a great night!!!!!
Thinking of you all the time.
Love Roxy