Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Signs of Improvement

I had a hard time leaving Katie in Burlington last night, and I did not get home in time to put Joshua to bed, but I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with him this morning. It made me feel better about leaving Katie. She was very happy to see Rick, and I would guess that he was happy to see her, too.

She had a good night's sleep last night--the first in many days--and it appears to have done her some good. While her other counts are dropping, her white count has been inching up and is above 300 for the first time in a long time. When I talked with Rick this morning, he was still waiting for Katie's neutrophil count. He was happy to report, however, that she was willing to eat something other than chicken noodle soup--cereal!--and that she was relatively energetic. It appears that maybe she is turning an important corner. Keep your fingers crossed, ladies and gentlemen. I'll forward any further news as soon as I have it.

It is awfully nice to see the sunshine again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey , Now I am excited. And very happy that she is doing better. It is only up now let's pray. Nice that you could come home last night Amy. It certainly takes atoll doesn't it. Get some rest now. So that you will be rested when it is your turn again..... or better yet.... When she comes home.
God Love her. What a little sweetie. I want to hug her someday.
Still making plans for the benefit on June 21 st.
Have a good night all.
Lots of Love .
Roxy