Monday, April 21, 2008

Early, Short Update

It is Monday morning and Josh and I got off to school on time, but we haven't had much of an opportunity to get an update from Amy on how Katie is doing this morning. So far, all I know is that Katie's fever has not returned but she is absolutely miserable and she is a little tired this morning after waking up on and off most of the night. Amy told me that Katie woke up crying about every twenty minutes last night until around 2:30 this morning when she finally started sleeping soundly. We are definately worried at this point. Katie has been in the hospital for five days now and nobody knows what is wrong with her yet. We are starting to think all of the drugs are making her sicker instead of helping her out because they are treating her for everything just in case she has it. The cultures that were taken early on still have not grown anything, so it is very likely that she doesn't have a bacterial infection and all of these antibiotics are just throwing her system into a tailspin. When I got off the phone, Amy was headed out to track down a doctor and get some answers. She is frazzled this morning and I don't blame her.

That's all I have for now. I will try to get and post another update at lunch.

No comments: