Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Morning After

The camping trip went well last night. The kids all slept through the night and the temperatures were pretty good for sleeping. It felt like it dropped into the low 50's or upper 40's last night. Josh's cough is worse this morning. In fact, I don't think I want to subject my brother and his family to the germs that Josh is spreading. He coughed to the point of vomiting just after getting up this morning.

Katie slept well last night after her fever broke at around 9pm. However, her fever came back this morning and is currently 37.7. She has had no adverse reactions to the TPN IV wich is good since she isn't eating much again this morning. She is also still coughing this morning and her cough has started to have a little bit of a loose, bubbly sound to it.

Since Josh is as sick as he is, I think I will take him home today instead of continue to subject other people to his germs. For now, we are finishing up breakfast packing up and deciding exactly what our day is going to look like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,
Josh, I am sorry you are sick now to. But it is going around. It does not go away easy. Take care and rest you and Dad. If it isn't one thing it is another. No one knows better than you, Ha Rick.
Just keep your chin up. We are praying in church for you and all the time.
May God Bless You All.
Good night and have a good rest.
Love Roxy

Anonymous said...

Hello Kelley Family,
OH MY GOSH.... What next ? I can't believe my eyes when I read all this about Katie.... I repeat "what next" I hope she wakes up tomorrow feeling a lot better. That poor little thing..As a former lab person,who has drawn a lot of blood and understands a lot of these terms, I am totally beside myself , trying to figure out what all this means... Is she doing good or is she getting worse ?? and most of all how can one little person handle all this when I as a grown up can't even understand it? I find myself full of questions , and saddened as I update myself each day on the blog. I wish you all well and I pray for Katie to be strong through all this. You all deserve gold stars, and purple hearts and what ever other metals you can get... What a battle. We love you very much. God bless you all.
Love Colleen