Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday With Grandma

Katie spent her first day with at home with Grandma Kathy today while Amy and I both went to work. Aside from a little breakfast tossing incident, the day went fairly smoothly for both participants.

Her cough doesn't seem to be getting any worse. It is actually a little looser today than it has been. Josh's cough seems to be gone. I'm the one who seems to be coughing a little more each day.

The sore on Katie's leg hasn't change much, but I don't think it is any worse. The color around it is a little deeper red, but no larger than it was yesterday and the sore itself is scabbed over and doesn't appear swollen. She says that it still hurts when I touch it, and I only touch it very gently.

The length of the day yesterday must have tired her out a bit because she took a nap for her grandmother today that lasted four hours. Kathy told us about that long nap while we were still at school and I didn't give it a second thought. Amy though, had different feelings about a four hour nap. She rushed me out of that school 6 seconds after we were contractually allowed to leave so she could get home to check on her baby. I am happy to report that her baby met us at the door with a big smile and huge hugs and kisses. She is happily playing downstairs right now.

No comments: