Friday, March 28, 2008

The Snuggler

Snuggler is an appropriate title for Katie today. She was much less of a commanding presence and much more of a tired little girl after her long day yesterday. We started the day by sleeping in late and then walking down to the local restaurant for breakfast. Katie wanted everything on the menu until breakfast arrived, then she filled her belly with home fries and was happy. We came home after breakfast planning to call a friend and arrange a play date for the morning, but Katie had other plans. She said she was tired and just wanted to snuggle so we curled up on the couch to watch some Dora until she fell asleep. I fell asleep first. After our morning nap, she wasn't feeling as well as she had been earlier, so we just played around the house, but she was never more than five feet away and usually she was in my lap or in my arms. I was the happy recipient of lots of hugs and kisses today.

This evening, after Amy got home and we were in the process of getting Katie ready for bed, we gave Katie her first shot at home. She was not very pleased about the idea, but it was much simpler and less traumatic than going to the doctor's office. She struggled and cried, and I had to hold her down just as firmly as if we were at the doctor's office, but she stopped as soon as we stopped. She didn't like it, but she agreed that it was better to get the shots at home than at the doctor's. And so it begins...

Right now, Katie and her mother are all snuggled into my bed, sound asleep, without a thought as to how much room might be left for me. So, I'll just stretch out in Katie's twin size bed and get a little sleep myself. Good night.

No comments: