Sunday, March 16, 2008

Neurotic Father


I'm sure that Amy thinks I am completely neurotic by now, but I don't like the looks of the sore on Katie's leg. It isn't responding to the antibiotics that she is on and it is getting larger. Neosporin and Bandaids aren't helping either. I know that her immune system is suppressed, but with all of the drugs in her system, it should at least be slowly getting better.

The infection started as two small red bumps placed close together on Katie's thigh at one of the shot sites. Those two dots have merged into this much larger sore on her thigh with an ever increasing area of redness around it, a large open area in the center, and Katie says it hurts. I have not heard anything back about the culture that was taken on it last week, but I am going to ask for another culture or tissue sample to be taken again this week when we travel to Fletcher Allen on Monday. I hope this is just another problem related to her suppressed immune system and not some dangerous infection in its early stages.

No comments: