Monday, March 24, 2008

Sledding with Josh

This entry isn't so much about Katie as it is about an adventure that Josh I had today. Katie had a wonderful day today, eating like a horse, napping on schedule, playing, reading and exercising. So really, there isn't much more to write about her today. Josh, however had a fun time sledding with me after school on a hill that provided one of the fastest, longest toboggan rides I have ever had in my life. The snow (ice) around here is rock hard and even I can walk on top of it without cracking it. So Josh and I headed to the top of Burton hill where a large pasture covers a good portion of the whole side of the hill leading down into Irasburg. Each trip down the hill was so fast and lasted so long that by the time we finally stopped at the bottom, we both had tears on our cheeks from the wind whipping our eyes. We spent a couple of hours riding the toboggan on that hill and a good chunk of that time was spent walking since the trip back to the top took from 10 to 15 minutes each time. We are hoping that the snow conditions hold up and we can get in a couple more days of sledding this week before the snow softens up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous! That sounds like it was so much fun. I am really glad that the two of you were able to have such a good time today. I remember when I was Josh's age; how much fun I used to have sliding. It was a beautiful day over here, too. I have to get up in 6 and one half hours; I have been getting very little sleep. Goodnight, now.

Anonymous said...

Hi: I am so pleased to hear that you and Josh had such a special experience on Monday--it sounded like so much fun!!!We have just a small hill here on our property and have had many fun days sledding with our granddaughter--lots of laughter! It doesn't look like you will lose your snow anytine soon!!!
Love to all--Glad Katie had another "normal" day!
Suzanne.