Thursday, March 13, 2008

Post Transfusion Bliss

I just got off the phone with Amy and Katie is done with her transfusions, is feeling much better and is on the way home. She has energy again, is eating finally and is no longer complaining of any discomforts of any kind. I continue to be amazed by the number and severity of symptoms that can be corrected by the simple addition of some blood. It really is the best medicine she gets. When was the last time you gave blood? *wink* *wink*

I talked to Katie on the phone after Amy gave me the update and she was just full of life. She was earnestly directing her mother into a McDonald's drive through before they got too far out of town. I am looking forward to seeing them arrive safely at home again in a couple of hours. Of course, the weather isn't cooperating again and it is snowing just enough to make the roads slippery. But Amy took the Subaru today, and that all-wheel-drive has gotten us safely over these Vermont winter roads in much worse conditions than this.

Tomorrow, one of us will be staying home with Katie again since Grandma Kathy has gone back home. I think the week went well and Grandma is likely to come back again next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi: Glad that the transfusion made Katie feel better--at least you know that that option is there. I would give my blood, but it is no good--being as I have CML....
I am mailing a package to Katie today--hope it will cheer her up!Please let me know that it arrived safely--Even from Sheffield to Barton, it could get lost!!
My thoughts are always with you, Suzanne.

Anonymous said...

HI all
I am glad Katie feels better. I have some things for the kids. The book fair was at our school and they had Dora stuff. They also had spiderman stuff. The food for the ride is going well I got an email from Ben and Jerrys they are giving us 4 big tubs yum. Well love you all take care. Love Aunt Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,
I am so sorry I have not written lately. I certainly have not forgotton anyone.I have had my little Dude a lot lately. SOOOO... much fun. But wears gram out completely. But as you know they are worth every bit of it. Katie and Josh, someday when you can have company I am going to come down with Aunt Michelle to see you.
Possiblely in the Spring?????? Josh you have fun skiing. Then soon you will be able to go swimming.
Katie keep that beautiful smile. And I will come see it someday. And we are praying for you.
Rick & Kelly, It has to be very trying. But you sure do handle it pretty well.
I Love You Very Much
I Love All Children.
Have a Good Day tomorrow!!!!
Roxy