Sunday, March 9, 2008

Katie's First Cold

Everything was going well Sunday until bedtime. That's when she started coughing. Josh has had a horrible sounding cough for a couple of nights now. He sounds like a seal barking, with a loud reverberating sound coming from deep within his chest. It is a very tight cough, not loose in any way. Vicks seemed to help out, while he was asleep and a steamy shower loosened things up in the morning. We can't keep him away from his sister though, so we just hoped it wasn't going to last and that she wouldn't catch it. Now she is asleep behind me as I work at my computer and she just made the very same coughing sound. I guess I'll get out the Vicks and hope her immune system can deal with it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, I was hoping Katie wasn't going to get the "COLD" . Abbie and Travis had it ..twice...each.Can't seem to completely shake this thing. The cool mist vaporizer at night helps alot, and like you said Vicks too. Green boogies are sure to follow.Hope you all have a pleasant night. Love to all...
Larry, Colleen, Abbie, Travis

Anonymous said...

Hello , hope all is well

Anonymous said...

Hi I am sorry to hear that Josh and Katie are sick. I really hope it soon will pass. For the coughing this sounds funny but it really works I have tried it and it works. Put vicks on the botton of there feet and put a white sock on. I dont know how it works. If you need anything let us know. Love ya. Aunt Michelle and Uncle Kim