Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday


Easter Sunday has come and gone and we all had a wonderful day. Josh and Katie had a great time looking for eggs this morning and romping around the house waiting for a breakfast of pancakes, bacon and sausage. Katie was a normal two year old today and she was able to celebrate this holiday like any other two year old would. For that I am grateful. Another thing worthy of note was that today was also my father's birthday. It has never fallen on easter before and that made this one somehow special. It also marks the birthday he has been waiting for for a long time because it means he can retire. I believe he has seven days of work left but at this point, he is probably counting the hours.

Grandma Kathy is here now so that Amy and I can both go to work in the morning and everyone in the house is asleep except for me. As soon as I finish uploading some assignments to the web, I will be headed to bed as well.
Good night everyone and happy Easter.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mike said...

Nice...we had sausage and pancakes here on the mountain too! We had a great time hiding eggs and treats all around the weather room and then trying to find them...I think we'll be finding them for several weeks to come! Glad you had a nice Easter...I got to watch the sun color the clouds then peak above the ocean this morning. First time I'd seen the sun since Wednesday...for that matter, it was my first time not inside a cloud. It seemed somehow right to have that change and experience on Easter morning. And congratulations Rick on getting on to retirement...been some time in coming.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys
Sounds like you had a good day. Well Uncle Kim got hurt so he is home at least until Thursday.I stayed home with him today but need to go back to work tomorrow. Rick Happy Birthday your brother had a card for you but you didnt make it up before church. We were thinking of you. Love you all I have to go help Kim try to get pain free. Love you all