Saturday, March 1, 2008

Snowshoes and Stories

Another day passes quietly in the north country. Joshua is helping Rick with some fencing at the barn. They are fencing in teh woods, extending the pasture and providing the horses with some variety. Rick reports that Joshua is tromping through the woods like a pro; the snowshoes are just extensions of his own big feet. He will be one tired little cowpoke when he returns. Rick sounds very happy to be working away in the snow. I can hear him smiling through the phone. Katie has played all day long, screeching and cackling through the house. She finally relented and agreed to stories, but I read for nearly an hour before she conked out. Curious George was today's favorite, but Katie wasn't willing to nap until we had visited the strange little town of Chewandswallow twice. She is very proud of her pink toenails. They won't last long, as she would not sit still for a second coat, but I did manage to paint every toe this time--you can tell that we are all on vacation!

There is a pot of beef stew on the counter, and I am thinking of making some fresh coffee. It's a good day to hunker down. I hope you're all enjoying the snow. Best of luck to the Ranger boys, who play for the Division III championship tonight. Best wishes to all of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI all
Aunt Michelle here I am home and I have to say working is all I can do. I work I dont get sick I go on vacation I get sick every time not that the people at the hospital were not nice because they were very nice just being sick on vacation was not fun.so back to 11 hours a day for me. I am glad things sound like they are going well. I showed uncle kim how to do this looks like he did well. Love you all see you when all my med. is gone and I am well. love aunt michelle