Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bad Day

I went to work today and Amy took Katie to Fletcher Allen for her transfusion. Katie wasn't feeling all that good when I left this morning, and when I got my last update around 5pm, Amy said she wasn't going to lie to me, Katie was having a really bad. I guess she has been complaining that she feels nauseas but the nausea medication that usually works so well for her isn't working. She has had two doses of Zofran where normally she would need only one if she even needed one at all. She refuses to eat and I can't blame her for that. I wouldn't want to eat either under those circumstances. She has a headache that won't go away despite pain medication and she just feels weak all over. When I got off the phone They were in the middle of a platelet transfusion and were awaiting the transfusion of red blood cells. I'll update again when I get another call.

No comments: