Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sick In The Night & Josh's Birthday

Well, the nausea kicked in and Katie got sick last night. She started vomiting at around 1:30am and continued to do so with little naps in between until 3am. After which, her belly was completely empty and she fell asleep. I was worried about what her blood sugar levels were going to be like this morning, but the results surprised me. Her blood sugar level was 76.

She is in a great mood this morning and is feeling fine so far. Hopefully, she stay's fine the rest of the day and gets to enjoy her brother's birthday party.

Josh turned six today. He is very exited and happy to be "all grown up" and big now. We let him open a couple of present first thing this morning to help him get through the day until his party starts at 4pm. He is managing to contain himself, but only barely. I asked him this morning if he had heard the rest of us taking care of Katie in the night and he hadn't. He had managed to sleep right through lots of noise and a great many lights. Lucky him.

Now I'm off to finish getting things ready for the birthday part. Amy has already been working feverishly this morning on last minute details and my only responsibilities so far have been cooking breakfast and entertaining the kids. Time for a little more.

3 comments:

Tina Miller said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH!!! Hope you had a great birthday party, you deserve a good one, your a good big brother!! Hope Katie got to enjoy it as well home she is felling better today.. Take Care..

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Josh. You are getting soooooooooo old. After all thats why they call you the BIG brother. God bless I hope all went well. Love aunt michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelley Family, I guess you have all been pretty busy. Me to that is why I have not written lately.
But JOSH..... Congratulations!!! you really are the big brother now.
Happy! Happy! Birthday! Now don't grow up too fast and you will catch up to me.Love You
And Katie, I am so Happy you are feeling better... I Love You To. Amy & Rick you have been very busy to. Bless You all.....
Goodnight!!!!!!!
Roxanna