Friday, August 1, 2008

Good Morning


Good morning everyone. Katie is up and doing fine this morning. No nausea despite the new drugs in her system, and no complaints. Her blood sugar measured 66 when she woke up and since that time she has been eating this and that in a mini browsing session rather than a sit down breakfast. She specifically requested the deviled eggs that are visible in the background of the picture posted as part of today's blog entry.

Her doctor called this morning too and gave me an update on her foot x-rays from yesterday. Everything appears to be normal except she thinks there might be evidence of an earlier stress fracture which has healed. That was surprising to her and I since Katie has never complained of any pain in her foot until now. I also asked about the fluctuating ANC numbers when I talked to her this time and she explained that differences like that can happen in patients and that it could also be a result of different labs testing the blood. Either way, the lowest reading was still above the cut off for treatment. That is why we were cleared for treatment yesterday.

The next challenge of the morning will be to get her into a tub. Bath time has become more and more of a struggle for some reason and baths or showers are never welcome any more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Everyone,
I love the Idea of the webcam. I would really like to watch. I am sorry I havent been on lately. By the time I get home and get supper and stuff I am to tired to move. Who knew cleaning the school would be so much work. I will be back with the kids I love working with soon. I love you all.
Love Aunt Michelle