Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back in The Hospital

Katie's fever came back yesterday afternoon and spiked at 101.5 last night. Given her previously low ANC, we were pretty sure that this would mean that Katie would be staying in the hospital at least over night. We had already had too many late nights so we tried to avoid the middle of the night transfer to Fletcher Allen from North Country by ambulance. Instead, we drove straight to Fletcher Allen where she was assessed by the emergency room staff and then admitted to Baird 5 again. Her temperature had come back down again by the time we got to the hospital, but her ANC was hovering around 130 and her platelets were low enough to require a transfusion.

I spent the night with Josh at my brother's house. We left the hospital just after Katie was moved into her room on Baird 5. When we left, she was comfortable and getting ready to go to sleep. Now, I'm heading back to the hospital and leaving Josh here with by brother's family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rick and Amy,
I'm so sorry Katie is sick again, It never seems to end for any of us, two are the strongest parents and friends that i know. Keep on keeping on.

Ashley

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
Wondered where you were last night Rick...glad you went straight to Fletcher Allen. Give everyone love, hugs, and kisses from Nana. I miss you all. Let me know if I can do anything. Hope you'll all be home before Sat. but if not, call me about Sat. circus Rick.
I can be available to pick up Josh or keep him overnite or whatever. I'm sure he's loving it at his cousins!
Chins up, it's (just) another bump in the road ... not welcome, but not unexpected ... and we live in VT afterall...love you all! Nana

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry to hear Katie is back in the hospital.But she is in good hands. I hope she is feeling better tonight.I love you and will be praying for you as always. Love Aunt Michelle

Tina Miller said...

Hey guys sorry to hear about your unexpected visits to the ER's! We are up here in Old Orchard Maine for the wk, but we have to check in and see how you all are doing. I was going to have someone update my computer but told him no not tonight I need to check in and see how Katie is doing. Sorry to hear about this. We are off to a Sea Dogs game tomorrow night the boys are looking forward to, the weather could be a bit better but we are on vacation so we will take it, just wish the camper was bigger!! Well take care and know we are thinking of you all..
Tina and Gang..