Saturday, August 16, 2008

Evening Update

Katie has had another bowel movement and she has had her transfusion and her chemotherapy. Plus she got out of her room to play again this afternoon in the play room and the hallway. She was standing and putting some weight on her injured foot too. Now, she is tired. So she is relaxing in bed, watching some cartoons on TV and nibbling some food.

I have to admit that I have not been at the hospital to see her today. Josh and I already had plans for the day. We went to see Circus Smirkus this afternoon at a performance in greensboro. He absolutely loved it. Ther performers were incredible, but the best part for me was just being out of the hospital again. Her little hospital room really wears on us after a while. Josh and I will be staying at home tonight and tomorrow we will head back to the hospital. I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and Josh is yawning everytime I look at him.

1 comment:

Tina Miller said...

I KNOW YOU GUYS START SCHOOL SOON.. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP OUT IN ANY WAY. I WILL STAY WILL KATIE IF YOU NEED?? I KNOW MY DAD STARTS CHEMO AND EVERYTHING SOON. HE FOUND OUT HE HAS LUNG CANCER, STAGE 2 SO WE WILL BE GOING TO ST.J A FEW TIMES A WK FOR A WHILE, BUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP OUT WHEN YOU GUYS GO BACK TO SCHOOL...