Friday, January 18, 2008

The Katherine (Katie) Grace Kelley Blog

What & Why?

This Blog exists because Katie was just diagnosed with Acute Lymphomic Leukemia and we, her parents, want the people who know and love her to be able to follow her daily progress as we battle this disease.

Who?

Katie is the daughter of Rick and Amy Kelley of Barton, Vt. She is two years old. She has one brother, Josh, who is five years old. She loves basketball, dogs, cats, and especially horses.


When?

Katie was first diagnosed with Leukemia Tuesday, January 15, 2008. She had been sick for a few days at home, coughing all night long and having trouble sleeping. She was pale, weak, and tired. She had also been sick off and for a little more than a month. Amy scheduled a doctors appointment for after work and we picked her up from day care and had her to he doctor's office in time for her 5:20pm appointment. By 6:30 we had been sent to North Country hospital for x-rays and lab test to figure out why she wasn't getting any better. At around 8:30pm, her pediatrician informed us that the blood samples taken in the lab indicated that she might have Leukemia and that she would be transfered to Fletcher Allen for further testing.
The next morning, she took her first ambulance ride to Fletcher Allen for testing of her bone marrow.

Where?

Katie is currently a patient at the Vermont Children's Hospital, a part of the Fletcher Allen Hospital.

5 comments:

desi said...

i just wanted to say how deeply i pray and have you in my thoughts and if ther is anything you need let me know this is your student
desiree kinsey

Anonymous said...

We have heard of Katie's illness. We, at Newport Ambulance want to send our thoughts and prayers out to you all.

Anonymous said...

I wish all well to your family and I hope we can arrange another bike rally for Katie this year. Last year I remember she was not feeling the greatest but I am glad to hear she is doing much better! Michael has discussed hopefully doing a bike rally every year until Katie is cured and then continuing it so that we can give the charity to the Children's Hospital for others like her. She looks so much better- best wishes to all and you are in my prayers.
Sincerely,
Alyssa Shannon (Michael Kelley's girlfriend)

Andrea said...

Do not give up hope! I am a survivor of ALL. I was given 50/50 chance of living, my last rights and my parents were told I would never have kids. Well I am hear to tell you I am 41 year woman with 2 daughters one 19 year half way through minor in college and a 6 year old finishing kindergarden.

Don't give up hope. Tell her to be strong and she will be. Be there for her. She needs that and also be positive no matter how hard it is.

Andrea said...

Sorry, I didn't let you know that I had ALL when I was 6 years old and pronounced cured at 11 years old.

Your daughter is in my prayers!