Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fish Sticks at Five

Good morning, everyone. It is 5:25 a.m. as I draft this entry, and Katie is eating fish sticks. She is currently eating fish stick #8. Bear in mind: Katie weighs 24 pounds. The ratio of input to size is a little bit scary, eh?

We are home. I was choked up as we left Children's Hospital last night. "Freedom!" I thought. We have taken the first few steps toward Katie's recovery. Katie was well enough, as we left, to engage in conversation with the pharmacist, who had pity in her eyes as she handed us a very large bag of medications, most of which are laxatives. "Yes," I decided. "We'll take all four bottles of Miralax." Thankfully, we had occasion to dance the Poop Dance last night--and then again this morning at 5:15. There are reasons, my friends, that I am not a stay-at-home mother!

No comments: