Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Additonal Updates

The blood tests are done, and Katie is Neutropenic! That's good and bad. It means the chemo has done what it was supposed to and killed off her white blood cells. It also means that she now has absolutely no immune system. The doors to the house are now closed to all visitors for the time being.

Her red blood cells are also incredibly low right now. Amy tells me that Katie doesn't even want to sit up. She lies down everywhere and wants to be held. She is getting a transfusion right now and that should work wonders.

I'll post more information when I get it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi all,
Know that my thoughts are still with all of you. Keeping Katie safe is the most important thing right now. I am glad to hear the chemo is working. I hope her transfusion allows her to feel better. She sure sounds like a fighter.
Bev Hall

Anonymous said...

Hi All,
We are still thinking of you all. I hope all goes well with the transfusion. Prayers are still going. And we Love you katie. I hope you feel better soon.
The struggle is long and hard but it sounds to me like you are very strong. When it is needed that is. It cwertainly is hard to be strong.
God Bless You All.
Love Roxy

Heather said...

Hi,
Thinking of you all. Sending you lots of love and strength for today and the days to come.
Auntie Heather