Monday, February 4, 2008

Signs of an Early Responder


I just got off the phone with the doctor and she had good news. The bone marrow results are in and Katie has fewer than 3% blasts left in her bone marrow! The first mark of a fast early responder is to have less than 5% at this point. If you recall her stats when she was first admitted to the hospital, her blast percentage at that point was estimated at greater than 65%. I am very happy.

The next indicator comes at the end of the month with further testing, but if she is under 5% now, she is likely to still fall into the fast early responder category at the end of the month as well.

In the mean time, the picture on the right shows where she chose to take her nap this afternoon. Lying in the sun, snoozing away seems like a good way to spend a cool winter day. I might have to join her. :)

4 comments:

Miller's said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am very happy for you all with the good news! That is a great picture of Katie taking her nap. How sweet. Have a great day...

Anonymous said...

Hi: What a great report--I am so happy for you.Sounds like things are starting to improve on a daily basis. Tell Katie that "Happy Feet" is one of my favorite movies of all time!!!Hope the rest of the week is as good, Love , Suzanne from Sheffield.

Anonymous said...

Hi all
I am so happy to hear the good news. I love the pic of her in the sun. I would love to just lay in the sun and rest she is very specail. hugs and kisses from our house to yours.
Love aunt Michelle and uncle Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,
So glad to hear the great news about Katie. She looks so sweet taking her nap. I hope the rest of the week brings good news also.
Sticking together is important. It sure sounds like you are sharing duties. It will help get everyone through the ups and downs.
Take Care,
Bev Hall