Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Perfect Patient and A Sassy Skier

What a nice quiet afternoon...Actually, Joshua and Rick had an exciting afternoon at Burke, but Katie and I spent some quiet time together relaxing. Katie ate her way through our kitchen before consuming most of a package of turkey pepperoni. (Our pizza is a little bland as a result!) Katie is a model patient some days, and this was one of them. While she is beginning to experience some really strange side effects (eyelid drooping is pretty weird!), she is increasingly good about participating in her own medical care. She asked for her evening meds tonight (!), and while she still can't get excited about taking a bath, she is willing--if not eager--to see the doctors Tuesday. "They're nice people," I said, and she nodded in agreement. "They're working hard to get you healthy," I said, and she agreed: "They take good care of me," she said. We are making progress!

Joshua is making excellent progress as a skier. He played with his dad in fresh powder this afternoon, and he got his first taste of the glades. I think he's a little young to be skiing in the woods, but Rick assures me that he did a terrific job and was fast but also careful and in control of his skis. Fortunately, Rick also made Joshua promise that he would never ski the glades in my company because I can't keep up and would have a heart attack watching him bound off into the woods. Yikes...

On another note, we wanted to tell you all how much we appreciate the phone calls we have received. It was nice to speak with Colleen and with Katie's Uncle John this weekend. It's nice to have company over the phone. Best wishes for a good week to you and to yours. Happy Valentine's Day, a little early, from my family to yours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Kelley. Im having some trouble in your class is it ok if I call you?

Rick Kelley said...

Yes, you can. My number is 525-0041.