Monday, February 4, 2008

Another Good Day

Katie had another wonderful day today. Her spirits were good, her energy was good, and her health was good. What more could I ask for? She fell asleep late in the afternoon, shortly after Amy got home from work. She then slept for another three hours before waking up and being shuffled off into a waiting car to be transported to Grandma's house before the freezing rain hits.

She and Amy are headed down to South Burlington tonight because Katie's appointment tomorrow is at 9am. So rather than leaving here in the freezing rain at 6am, it was easier to pack her up tonight and head out. Katie wasn't all that pleased with being bundled up and hauled off, but if the drooping eyelids were an indication, she won't be awake for much of the ride.

Josh and I are on our own for the rest of the evening and for the morning routine. I bet I won't spend more than a few hours in bed alone tonight, and I can guarantee that we will be scrambling to be just barely on time tomorrow. Amy is the one who keeps us on schedule in the morning. Josh and I tend to take showers that are too long and then linger over breakfast as if it were the only meal of the day. We will both be glad to see Amy and Katie at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still thinking of you a lot. Thanks for blogging; I feel connected in a very good way.

Gabe.