Saturday, February 2, 2008

Long and Draining Trip

Wow! Friday's are long and draining. I didn't post to the blog again yesterday because we didn't get home until a little after 5pm and then I was too tired to do much of anything. We did come home yesterday despite the road conditions. I didn't feel that they were too bad actually. The roads all the way back to Eden were just wet with a little slush here and there. The roads from Eden back were more interesting. From that point on I was dealing with mostly corn snow. The hard granular pieces of ices were piling up and sticking together on the road making a smooth semi-firm carpet to drive on. Going over Burton hill I could feel the tires our awd subaru slipping a little, but I didn't have any problem tracking straight or slowing and stopping. We came home mostly because Katie wanted to be home and she wanted to see her mother.

She slept very well in her own bed last night. That was the first night she has spent the entire night in her own bed since she got sick. Not to worry, we weren't lonely. Josh picked up the slack and joined us some time around 2am. He was such a bed hog that I ended up going to his bed to sleep the rest of the night.

Katie is up and active this morning, in a good mood. Josh and I are looking outside at the new layer of snow and ice and planning a sliding trip. Amy, Is planning a trip to Iroc to go swimming later with Josh, Carmen, Barb and family. Right now, I have to go get the recycling ready and get that out of our basement. It has piled up a bit over the last couple of weeks. Another post should be coming shortly. Amy is planning to write something up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are home safe and sound. It sounds like Katie is doing ok. She is a beautiful face to see when I get on. Mikey really liked the picture of her in her hat. This web sight has really been wonderful for my whole family they just love seeing how everyone is doing. As always in our thoughts and prayers. Love Aunt Michelle