Thursday, May 22, 2008

So Tired...So Happy to Have a Long Weekend

The kids were both in bed with us by 5:00 this morning, and Rick jumped ship. He rested comfortably in Joshua's room while I got up with Katie, who was "so hungry." Her attitude toward food is consistently erratic. It was very strange (and not altogether pleasant) to find myself cooking Hamburger Helper at 5:30 in the morning. I had awful flashbacks in which I remembered, so clearly, the catastrophe that was our experiment with steroids. You can add cheeseburger macaroni to the list of foods I don't ever need to see again. I am dreading the return of steroids...

We did manage to have a real family dinner tonight, and it was good for all of us to have some together. The kids ate like pigs, we played with the scooters, and we went up to the barn for a visit. Did we tell you about Katie's new scooter? It has a wide base, so she can build strength by standing on it and managing her balance while we push for her. The physical therapist approves of activities that require Katie to stand or walk, and this fits the bill, so I returned to the Pick and Shovel to pick it up on Tuesday. Joshua likes the new scooter, too. It is good practice for him in preparation for the Razor scooter he has but isn't ready for just yet. He is learning to ride a bike with training wheels and has made a lot of progress. He loves his cousin Eric's old bike. I can foresee the day that he will want me to take the training wheels off. He is growing up so fast.

Both Joshua and Katie will enjoy a visit with their cousin Kyler tomorrow. They don't know this bit of good news yet, but they will be very happy to discover that he is traveling to the Kingdom for the weekend. We are all very happy that this is a long weekend. The late nights and the extra commitments are catching up with us. I am simply looking forward to spending some time with the kids. I just want to be home long enough to get something done. I plan to really enjoy the extra day. I suspect the kids will enjoy it, too. Happy Weekend to all of you.

No comments: