Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Productive, Fun Day

Katie and I ended up spending the day together after my parents called us at 5:30 this morning to say my dad wasn't feeling good, had a sore throat, and didn't want to expose Katie. So we started out with a bath and then headed out to do some errands. We went to the bank to make a deposit into Katie's Kids Club account. We went to the hospital to get a little blood drawn for cell counts. We went to the auto parts store for a new multi-meter. And we went out to lunch at Jennifer's in Derby. After that, I brought her home and she napped away the last couple hours of the afternoon while I did a little work cleaning out the winter stuff from the basement to make room for the summer stuff.

Tomorrow, Katie and I head out early for Burlington. We have a long procedure to look forward to and then another one on Friday so we will be spending the night with Art and Kathy. Katie's blood cell count results came in this afternoon and they are impressive. Her ANC is up over 900 now. She has officially recovered from the last round of chemotherapy. That's why we start again tomorrow. Here we go again...

No comments: