Sunday, May 25, 2008

Enjoying The Long Weekend

It looks like we may be enjoying the long weekend too much since we have both forgotten to add anything to the blog in the last two days. Once school let out Friday, we all broke out of our day to day routine and turned our attentions to all the things we have been meaning to do but couldn't find the time. For Amy that means our lawn and flower beds have never looked better. For me that means I've either had my nose buried in my computer for hours on end, getting back to some of my web design finally, or I have been at the barn working with my horses and selling hay. Josh and Katie have been playing hard and staying up late.

Katie has felt pretty well for the most part, but nausea is a bit more of a problem this week than it was last week. She has only vomited once though, so it's not too bad. She did have an odd spell on Saturday as she was sitting at the table. Suddenly she cried out for help because she thought she was about to fall. She thought the table was spinning... That's a new one for us. The doctor thinks that it may have been dehydration since Katie had had diarrhea for a couple of days. We have been pushing lots of fluids and plenty of naps and haven't had another dizzy spell, so maybe that was it. She has also been getting a lot of exercise these last couple of days. She is walking all around the house. She is dancing to every tune she hears. She is bouncing on the trampoline, with help and without her feet leaving the trampoline. She is really just having fun and being a kid.

She went to a play today, "Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat", and she absolutely loved it. She says she wants to be on stage in a play. Josh enjoyed the play too, but he says there is no way his is ever getting on stage. I'm a bit like Josh except I didn't even want to sit and watch a play. While the family was at the play, I was at the barn, taking a break from the computer and working with the horses. Our Standard Bred is now willingly pulling a cart using a make-shift harness. Our Belgian still wants nothing to do with a cart. I guess I'll have to get a real harness for the Standard Bred.

Before the play, Josh had spent the early part of his weekend with his grandparents in Newport. His cousin Kyler came to visit and stay in Newport so Josh went there to keep him company and give him someone to play with. They talked their grandparents into buying them some toys at the store. They went fishing and both of them caught fish. They played outside, running all over the property my parents own at the end of a dead end road. He had fun, and he should sleep well tonight.

Right now, we are all headed back up to the barn to meet the person who is buying the rest of my hay from last year. For those of you who don't know about or haven't tried CraigsList, it is worth looking into. I posted my hay for sale on Thursday afternoon and by Saturday, I already had 20 bails sold with a promise to pick up the remaining 130 Sunday. It didn't cost me anything to post an add and I didn't have to sign up for an account. This was my first time checking it out, but it won't be my last. The address is http://www.craigslist.com

2 comments:

Tina Miller said...

I am so glad yo all are enjoying the long wkend! Boy we all worked outside today and my boys are some tired tonight!
That is so funny your family went to that play, my brother was in that play when he was in school! He loved it too! I am with the rest of the gang I am not getting up on that stage for any thing, but Dan he just lives to do it!?? Well have a great rest of the wkend and hope all goes great for you..

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone
Uncle Kim and Mikey were really glad to see Katie and Amy yesterday. The boys sound like they had a good time with grammy and grandpa. Well all for now love ya Aunt Michelle