Friday, May 16, 2008

I Love This Very Special Little Girl


Okay, so the title of this post is sappy and sentimental, but I mean it. Katie is an incredibly unique, special child with an absolutely beautiful heart. We just returned from another evening at the barn with Nana and Grandpa Jerry. We were there for five hours after school today and during that time, she told me she loved me at least a couple of dozen times and each time was accompanied by at least a hug and often a kiss as well. It is just heart warming to be around her when she is being so loving - which is a great deal of the time.

Katie has learned to really appreciate all the beautiful things around her too. For example, after dinner tonight Katie, Amy and I took a walk out into the pasture with the horses. Josh stayed in the house with his Grandpa and his Nana to watch a movie.

We happened to time our walk perfectly with the sunset and I captured the fuzzy photo posted with this entry with my cell phone because any picture was better than no picture. In the photo, Amy and Katie are just reaching out to give Chief some love and attention while the sun sets in the background. Katie was oohing and awing over the sunset by this time, but it got even better as I lifter her up to set her on Charlie's back when he walked over. She set there running her fingers through his fur, looking up at the pink and orange clouds with wide eyes for a time, then she looked down at me and said "Dad, that sunset is beautiful. I love you." I have to admit, I got a little chocked up at that point but I don't think she noticed. I helped her down off the horse and the three of us continued our walk to the back corner of the pasture and into the woods following horse tracks through the underbrush.

6 comments:

anige792006 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anige792006 said...

I have to say I read this blog and I shed tears of happiness and joy for all of you. Katie is a beautiful little girl. I am happy to read that she has no bad cells!!! That is terrific to hear. I have been reading this blog since day one, but have never posted. I just want you to know that your family is always in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Angela
and
Akuei

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Kelley Family, We are happy to hear the great news about the cells. Way to go Katie !!! We also enjoyed the beautiful sunset with Abbie and Travis who thought for a minute that daddy needed to put the fire out. At one point the sky was so orange and pink it looked like the forest was on fire.As we said good night to the turkeys we were listening to in the woods across the street from the house. What a way to end the day , beautiful sunset and beautiful children. What more could you ask for !!!! Love to all
Larry , Colleen , Abbie , Travis

Tina Miller said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful evening and was able to actually enjoy it with such wonderful new you had recieved! It is funny I think everyone enjoyed the sunset last night! My kids were in shock at how bright it was. You guys had the horse, Colleen and them had the turkeys and we were watching a HUGE bear!! Dave thinks weighed around 300 lbs! So it was a good night all over! Have a wonderful weekend..
Tina

Anonymous said...

Ok Ricky you did it again you made me cry. you have a way in your words to do that. I cant tell you how happy we are to see Katie do well. Love you with all our hearts.
Uncle Kim and Aunt Michelle

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news. I am so happy to there are no bad cells. It makes a lot of people smile. I love you very much sweety. And you to Josh. Have a good night.
Love Roxy