Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Things are Going Well

Katie has been doing great these last few days. She is a little temperamental again but not as bad as she was last week when she was on steroids and doxorubicin at the same time. This week it is just the doxorubicin and she does get cranky on it, but without the added kick of the steroids she is able to manage well enough most of the time. So I guess we can rule out either to doxorubicin or the steroids as the sole cause of her really bad moods. She functions just fine on either one alone. But the combination of the two was nasty. We get the combination of the two again this Thursday. ;)
These last few days have been pretty normal for us. I have spent a good deal of time in front of my computer while Katie has played around the house and spent time doing whatever it is her mother is trying to do at any given moment. Josh spent three days with my parents because his cousin Kyler was visiting them for a few days. Whenever Kyler comes for a visit, Josh goes to stay with him. He had a great time playing, fishing, swimming and hanging out.
We also bought all of our pellets for heat this winter and moved them into the basement. Now we don't have to think about that again as the price of heating oil climbs higher and higher. Tomorrow, if it isn't raining again, I get to help build a fence at the farm and then squeeze in some time for homework.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone,
Glad to hear things are better with Katie's mood. Still checking in on the site. Robin fills me in also when I see her. Know my prayers are with Katie and the family. Glad Josh is enjoying time with family also.
Bev Hall

Anonymous said...

Hi to a special family. Sounds like you have been going through hard times again. I have not written but I have been thinking of you all. I have to see Aunt Michelle. I have something to give you . She will bring it.The Lord is hearing our prayers for you all. So better days coming again. It sounds like at the moment she is pretty good. Take care and hang in there.
God Bless You All
Love Roxy

Anonymous said...

Hi all
I am glad Katie is doing well. Josh I hear you had fun with grammy and granpa and Kyler. Katie keep on dancing you do very well. Love to you all Aunt Michelle