Saturday, June 7, 2008

Friday - Saturday

I forgot to post to the blog last night. It was late when Katie and I got back from Burlington, and then we called Amy just as we were coming into Newport and asked her to meet us at a restaurant for dinner. By the time we got home from dinner, it was after 9 and I fell asleep putting Katie to bed. She had a good day Friday. We had a pleasant ride to Fletcher Allen and she was great for the doctors and nurses the whole time we were there except for when it was time to access her port. For some reason port access has become a traumatic experience for her and she fault valiantly to keep everyone away from her port. However, after she was accessed, she went right back to being cooperative and pleasant. Deaccessing her port was considerably easier despite the fact that it is more painful. She cried a little and she didn't really struggle.
While we were at the hospital, she complained of not feeling good. That was no surprise to me since she hadn't been allowed to eat since midnight the night before and I wasn't able to give her any nausea medication when she woke up that morning. But, blood test showed that she had other reasons to feel bad. After her forced 12 hour fast, her blood sugar levels were very low, so low in fact that the doctors have decided that she shouldn't fast like that again and the next time they need her to fast they are going to bring her into the hospital early and hook her up to an IV for a few hours before her procedure.

Today, Saturday, was another pretty good day for her. She stayed around the house all day except for a brief trip out for Josh's T-ball game but she felt good and she played a lot. She even got outside to play in the sand box and ride her tricycle that we bought her a couple of weeks ago. She was tired tonight when I put her to bed and it didn't take her long to fall asleep. Now that both kids are in bed, I guess it's time for me to start working. I have some programming to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelley's I am sorry I have not written. I went camping this weekend. And it was very tiring. Because it was very hot. But we should not complain about the weather.
And the numbers for Katie sound very good. That is GREAT!!!! The low sugar was not so good though. But now that is ok. I am very tired so I am going to say good night. It was very nice seeing you all at the motorcycle run.
All of you have a good night night.
Love to all & God Bless
Roxy