Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

When Katie is feeling good, it is easy to forget to blog about it. Sorry about that. She had a great day yesterday - better than great really. She had no nausea problems and she ate like a little pig. She ate at least 3 small meals to every meal that I ate. Her energy was good. Her attitude was better.

Today, she seems to be starting off on the same foot. She got up way too early to make Amy happy, but she is looking forward to taking me out to breakfast for father's day. Of course she might just be looking forward to pancakes and bacon from Parson's Corner.

On a different topic, we have gotten many comments from regular blog readers who wrote that they had no idea there was a fund raising motorcycle ride and barbecue for Katie a couple weeks ago. I apologize for not posting that information in the blog in advance of the event. I won't make the same mistake twice.

This coming weekend, on Saturday the 21st of June from 6 to 11pm, there will be a benefit dance for Katie at the Elks club in Derby. Roxanna Prue has been kind and generous enough to organize the dance. Music will be provided by Prue's Blues and ADMISSION IS FREE. How can it be free and still be a fund raiser? Roxanna (Roxy) has been collecting donations from area businesses for about three months now. Those donated items will be raffled off at the dance and I have been told that she has collected some really nice stuff. Donations will also be accepted at the door. If Katie is still feeling good, she will make an appearance at the dance. At this point it looks like Katie will be feeling just fine. See you there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Fathers Day Ricky and Ryan and all the fathers reading this. I am so glad Katie is feeling well. I made Uncle Kim Eggs Benedict for his fathers day breakfast. Mikey has now taken him to the movies. I am really sorry for everyone who might not of heard of the ride we had. I had things out in the stores. Sometimes even when you try to think of everthing you still forget something. I will be at the dance helping mom. I am driving back from Laconia on Sat. love to you all Aunt MIchelle

Anonymous said...

Happy Fathers day to all. I am happy to see that Katie is doing well. It was really nice to see her at the motorcyle fund raiser. She is so precious and with all the love and prayers she has is just great. Can't wait to see you all on Saturday night. Love Sheryl

Tina Miller said...

WOW what a Fathers Day gift for you! katie feeling good!! What more could you ask for? Well I am very sorry that this coming wkend we will not be able to come to Katie's Dance! Michael has made the All Star Team for Baseball and this wkend we were in Plymouth NH ALL wkend! Its 9 now and we left at 8 this morning had a double header and lost both by 1 run! Great Games, So next wkend we are in Lancaster,NH but I am going to check the games to see what time we really do play! Who knows maybe we can run up for a bit? Take Care

Anonymous said...

Hi All, I am sorry I have not written. But I have been very busy.
I saw what you wrote Ricky and that was very nice. But I am going to name all of the help I have had. Terry has 2 sisters that have helped me (Diana & Valerie) And Sheryl, Michelle & Melissa have been very helpful. And Missy Nelson got us off to a good start. So I have them to thank. And I am not looking for any Glory, I am really enjoying doing something for someone that can use it. And for such a precious little girl.
And I can not wait to see you all. Josh you are very precious also. And I am happy that Katie is doing better.
Love to all
Roxy Roxanna

Anonymous said...

Hi all, The time is getting close
so I have been very busy. And things have been going wrong....
The Newport Daily really messed up as you see. I sent them 2 Pictures and they apparently could not use both so as you have probably seen they did not us Katie's. How stupud!!!!! I was quite upset so I took a trip the see them. And hopefully they will have fixed this by Friday. And I do not see very well so I had to ask them where my add was. Anyway I do appreciate what they did, But common sense tells you to use the little ones first. Enough of that. Now about my errors. The e-mails... I had them all messed up. Now they are right. So when you get the last one I sent tonight please send that one on. Now how are you all doing? I hope you are all well.
I am getting anxious to see you all tomorrow. I am going to bed very early tonight.
May God Bless and keep you all.
Lots Of Love
Roxy Roxanna