Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Weathering the Storm


Katie went to North Country Hospital Monday afternoon for a follow-up blood test to see if her ANC had recovered at all yet. Unfortunately, the results showed that she had an ANC of just 120. So she is no closer to getting her immune system back in working order. However, my illness (My means Rick in this instance) has run it's course and I an now feeling better. I even went back to work today and Katie shows no signs of coming down with what I had. The official results are not in yet so I don't yet know for sure if it was the Flu, but it was nasty and unpleasant and I am very glad that she doesn't have it at this time.
My parents in Newport have been taking Katie every day because she can't go to daycare with her numbers so low. They are really going out of their way to help us out. They drive here in the morning to pick her up and they drive back in the evening to drop her off. We are especially thankful for their efforts.

No comments: