Friday, September 12, 2008

A Short Update

Katie's treatments went fine yesterday and her blood tests showed numbers that were very positive. Her ANC is over 900 at this point and her health has improved to such a degree that she has been given the OK to go back to day care. Katie and I visited daycare today to get a feel for it and she didn't want to leave after just a half hour. She wants to go back Monday so I told her we would try a half day Monday.

Amy had a lot to say yesterday about Katie and her positive prognosis - so much so that I told her she should write the blog entry. However, she fell asleep before doing it so I thought I should at least put in a little filler to forestall questions and let people know that there was nothing to worry about. Hopefully, Amy will have a chance to update the blog with her thoughts from yesterday later this evening.

4 comments:

Tina Miller said...

YES GOOD NEWS!!! Love it! So happy she can go back to daycare! There is nothing like having your own friends. It is so cute to see the kids playing and she needs that, your so right. I am so happy for you all. Take Care..

Heather said...

Great News!
Yeah Katie!!
xoxo Auntie Heather

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Katie is feeling so much better. I bet she will be glad to see all her friends at day care. love to all Aunt Michele

PleaseRecycle said...

Good for Katie!! My daughter Mollie will start maintenance in December and cannot wait to go back to pre-K.

That's been one of the hardest parts of the treatment for us and for her.

Now that it's coming up on us so quickly, I am having second thoughts about it- she'll be exposed to all those germs and I can't protect her. So hard to be a mama!

Good luck and stay well Katie!